Monday, April 29, 2013

Four weeks old

Our baby boy is four weeks old today! I can't believe a month has flown by already. In some ways, it feels like Colby has always been in our family. He's just fit right in.

11.5 lbs
21.5 inches

Nicknames we use: C2, lil C, chubbster and squishy face.

Colby is g.r.u.m.p.y!! I should have known, based on how he was in my tummy!!

He's content when he's fed, clean and asleep. Otherwise he is making this grunting fussing noise. He can be difficult to calm down and gets mad easily. This lil man also fights going to sleep!

He has started to make cooing noises and looks for voices. He's given us a couple of grins, so I know he won't stay grumpy for ever!

What he loves: his brother talking or singing to him!

His favorite toy: giraffe wubanub paci.

Eating: nurses 7 times a day and once at night. Took a bottle once a day at 3 weeks.



Colby bear,

You have been such a blessing to our family. You've slotted right in like we've always had you. You're big brother is obsessed with you and loves to hold you.

I love that your personality has started to show through already. I love being out and about with my two boys and it warms my heart to look back and see you both in the back seat. You remind me so much of your Papa and i think you look like your mommy in baby pics. I love that!

Even though we are tired, I know that this doesn't last forever. I'm making the most of our newborn weeks and love cuddling you, even at 4 am.

You are so special sweet boy!











No comments:

Post a Comment